We explain the use of your personal data on our website
Last update: Mar. 03, 2022 | V. 1.2
In the following statement we would like to let you know about how your personal data is used while browsing our website. Personal data is defined by any data that identifies you in person (e.g., name, address).
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential contents (for example, orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses an SSL / TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the string “https: //” and the lock icon in your browser bar.
If you do not provide us with any data, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display the website:
Our visited website
Date and time at the time of access
Amount of data sent in bytes
Source / reference from which you came to the page
Operating system used
Used IP address (possibly in anonymous form)
The provision of the aforementioned personal data is neither statutory nor contractually required. Without the IP address, however, the service and functionality of our website is not guaranteed.
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. A transfer or other use of the data does not take place. In individual cases, however, we reserve the right to check the log files retrospectively, should there be concrete indications for illegal use. Information on your right of objection can be found under the bullet point “Right to object to the processing (Article 21 GDPR)”.
When contacting us through the contact forms, requesting a recall or creating an offer, personal information will be collected. Which data is collected here in the special case can be seen from the respective contact form. We use the data collected in this way exclusively to fulfill your respective concerns and save them only in the context of the associated technical administration.
The processing of the data entered into the contact form is based on a legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) and on the initiation, implementation or termination of a contractual relationship (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
Information on your right to object can be found under the bullet point “Right to oppose processing” (Article 21 GDPR).
Personal data is collected as part of the return / RMA process. Which data is collected here in the special case can be seen from the form. We use the data collected in this way exclusively to fulfill your respective concerns and save them only in the context of the associated technical administration. The processing of the data entered into the contact form is based on a legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) and on the initiation, implementation or termination of a contractual relationship (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, we can only process your request if you provide us with your name, your e-mail address and the reason for the request.
If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. For the transmission of the newsletter only the indication of your E-Mail address is necessary. The provision of your personal data is voluntary, solely on the basis of your consent. Unfortunately, we can not send you our newsletter without existing consent.
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we need an e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter.
In order to ensure that the newsletter is sent by mutual agreement, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. In the course of this procedure the potential recipient can be added to a distribution list. Subsequently, the user receives a confirmation e-mail to confirm the registration in a legally secure manner. Only if the confirmation is made, the address is actively included in the distribution list.
We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and offers.
Newsletter2Go is used as newsletter software. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is not allowed to sell your data or use it for other purposes than for sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a German, certified provider, which was selected according to the requirements of the Data Protection Basic Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your data, your e-mail address and its use for sending the newsletter at any time, for example by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
The data protection measures are always subject to technical innovations. For this reason, we ask you to inform yourself about our data protection measures at regular intervals by consulting our data protection declaration.
By clicking on the newsletter checkbox and the subsequent sending of the web form, you give us your consent for the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The processing of the data entered into the contact form is based on a legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) and on the initiation, implementation or termination of a contractual relationship (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR). When registering for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace a possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later date. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter will be used exclusively for promotional purposes by means of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person. After cancellation, your e-mail address will be deleted immediately in our newsletter distribution, as far as you have not expressly consented to a further use of your data or we reserve the right to further data usage, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this statement.
Sending the e-mail newsletter to our existing customers
If you have provided us with your e-mail address when purchasing goods or services, we reserve the right to send you regular offers for similar goods or services, such as those already purchased, from our range by e-mail. In this respect, data processing takes place solely on the basis of our legitimate interest in personalized direct mail in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, or according to § 7 subpar. 3 UWG. This does not apply if you have initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose. You are also entitled to object to the use of your e-mail address for the aforementioned purpose of advertising at any time with effect for the future by notifying the person named at the beginning. Upon receipt of your objection, the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes will cease immediately.
Advertising by mail
Based on our legitimate interest in personalized direct mail, we reserve the right to choose your first and last name, postal address and, if applicable, your title, academic degree, year of birth and your professional, branch or business name pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to store and use for sending interesting offers and information about our products by mail.
You can object to the storage and use of your data for this purpose at any time by a message to the person in charge.
We adhere to the principles of data avoidance and data economy. Therefore, we only store your personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the respective purposes mentioned here or as provided by the various storage periods provided for by law. After discontinuation of the respective purpose or expiration of these deadlines, the corresponding data will be routinely and in accordance with the statutory provisions blocked or deleted.
In accordance with the legitimate interest in a user-friendly design of our website and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called technically required cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and allow us or our affiliate (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information, such as browser and location data as well as IP address values, to an individual extent. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie.
These cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by storing settings (for example, remembering the contents of a virtual shopping cart for a later visit to the website). If individual personal data are processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website as well as a customer-friendly and effective design of the site visit.
We may also work with advertising partners to help us make our website more interesting to you. For this purpose, in this case, when you visit our website, cookies from partner companies are stored on your hard disk (third-party cookies). If we cooperate with aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in the following paragraphs.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (following: Google). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, ie text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your website use. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The European Commission’s decision on adequacy (2016/1250) allows the transfer of personal data to the US under the EU-US Privacy Shield because the decision under Article 45 (1) of the GDPR is, in principle, binding. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on these websites, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, this processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. In addition, you may prevent the Google’s data collection generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics.
In addition or as an alternative to the browser add-on, you can prevent Google Analytics tracking on our website by adjusting the cookie settings. The cookie settings appear when you visit the website for the first time or when you visit again by hovering your mouse over the blue banner at the bottom right of the website and clicking on “Manage consent”. Under the cookie settings select the option “Only functional cookies”.
In order to render our content correctly and graphically appealing across browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries on this website, such as: Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). Google web fonts are transferred to the cache of your browser to prevent multiple loading. If the browser does not support Google Web fonts or prohibits access, content will be displayed in a standard font.
The call of script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the operator of the library. In theory it is possible – but currently also unclear whether and if so for what purposes – that operators of such libraries collect data.
This site uses Google reCAPTCHA. ReCAPTCHA is a captcha service that performs fully automated public Turing tests and ensures that a particular action on the Internet is made by a human rather than a bot. When using Google reCAPTCHA Google collects, processes and uses the data of the visitor. These data are usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The European Commission’s decision on adequacy (2016/1250) allows the transfer of personal data to the US under the EU-US Privacy Shield because the decision under Article 45 (1) of the GDPR is, in principle, binding.
On some of our websites we embed Youtube videos. The corresponding plug-ins are operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a page with the YouTube plug-in, it will connect to Youtube’s servers. Youtube will be informed which pages you visit. If you are logged into your Youtube account, Youtube can assign your surfing behavior to you personally. This can be prevented by logging out of your Youtube account beforehand.
Anyone who has disabled the storage of cookies for the Google Ad program will not have to expect such cookies when watching YouTube videos. Youtube also stores non-personal usage information in other cookies. If you want to prevent this, you must block the storage of cookies in the browser.
This website also uses the Google AdWords online advertising program and, as part of Google AdWords, Google LLC Conversion Tracking, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). We use the offer of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We are interested in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you, to make our website more attractive to you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on a Google-served AdWords ad. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not expired yet, Google and we can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can not be tracked through AdWords advertisers’ websites. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users. If you do not want to participate in tracking, you can block this usage by disabling the Google Conversion Tracking cookie through its Internet browser under User Preferences. You will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics. We use Google Adwords based on our legitimate interest in a targeted advertising according to. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
US-based Google LLC is certified under the US Privacy Shield, which ensures compliance with the level of data protection in the EU.
The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights to us as the person responsible for your data, which we inform you about below:
– Right of revocation of granted consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke a consent once given in the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the case of withdrawal, we will delete the data concerned immediately, as far as further processing can not be based on a legal basis for consentless processing. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing effected on the basis of the consent until the revocation;
– Right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right to information about the personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of processed personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients, if possible the planned duration for which the personal data Data is stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration, the right of rectification or erasure of the personal data relating to it, or the processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing; the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority; if the personal data are not collected from the data subject, all available information on the source of the data; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22 (1) and (4) and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
– Right to correction according to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data concerning you and / or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
– Right to cancellation according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 (1) GDPR are met. However, that right does not apply, in particular, where the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the exercise, pursuit or defense of rights;
– Right to restriction of the processing according to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as long as the correctness of your data, which you contested, is checked; if you refuse a deletion of your data due to inadmissible data processing and instead require the restriction of the processing of your data; if you need your data for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal rights, after we no longer need this data after purpose or if you objected for reasons of your special situation, as yet as it is not certain, whether our legitimate reasons prevail;
– Right for feedback in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR: If you have the right to rectify, delete or limit the processing to the person responsible, he / she is obliged to rectify or delete the data to all recipients to whom the personal data relating to you have been disclosed or limitation of processing, unless proving to be impossible or disproportionate. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
– Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible, as far as this is technically feasible;
– Right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR: You have the right, at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object to the processing of your personal data under Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) insert; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The controller will no longer process the personal data unless he can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing is intended to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
– Right to complain to the supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR i.V.m. § 19 BDSG: If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR, you have – without any other administrative or judicial remedy – the right to complain to a supervisory authority, especially in the Member State of your residence Workplace or place of alleged infringement. You can find a list of supervisory authorities (for the non-public sector) with address here.
You have the right at any time, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, against the processing of personal data relating to you, which, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests) takes place, objecting; this also applies to a profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 4 GDPR.
If you object, we will not process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, pursuing or defending legal claims.